Smart Welder SW955/959
Best of both Technologies: ultrasonic welding & wire bonding
Hesse Mechatronics Smart Welder combine the best of two technologies:
- The force and ultrasonic power of ultrasonic welding equipment
- The flexibility, precision, speed and advanced process control features of wire bonding machines.
Smart Welders provide producers of medium-sized ultrasonically welded connections with increased process control and freedom of design for the next generation of capable, efficient and cost-effective designs in power electronics, battery packs and other applications.
The new Smart Welder by Hesse include precise positioning between welding tool and product, image recognition to detect the exact weld location, and derivation of an optimal trajectory to reach the weld location quickly and very precisely.
Together with long and narrow welding tools, this allows very tight spacing and thus compact products, higher power density.
Further advanced functions include touchdown sensing, precise and dynamic contact force control, diverse process control features such as monitoring of ultrasound characteristics and deformation (cf. DVS 2811), and standardized interfaces for assembly line integration.
Smart Welders can, like ultrasonic wire bonders, flexibly handle a large variety of products. New products only require a program change and possibly adapted clamping and automation.
Benefits and Features
Advanced features and process advantages
- Fully automatic ultrasonic welder with the biggest working area in the market
- Image recognition for detection and correction of the weld location
- Active vertical axis
- Rotational p-axis for angle independent process results
- Wide range of US power (for flex PCB up to leadframe applications)
- Narrow pitch and deep access due to long, narrow welding tools and pattern recognition supported positioning
- Touchdown sensor to avoid damage to sensitive contact partner
- Precise and dynamic force control
- Programmable welding maps with multi interval processes
- Individual parameters per spot
- Flexibility to handle a large variety of products
- Standardized interfaces for line integration
- Automotive accepted process control (PiQC, patented)
- Working area: up to 370 mm x 560 mm
- Flexible use of the working area, e.g. vacuum clamping
- Maximization of throughput by automation (two/more parallel lanes)
- Process integrated Quality Control PiQC: detection of further parameters, e.g. friction behavior, by additional sensor system for 100 % quality monitoring in real time (patented); as option
- Full traceability of all relevant process data
- SW955: X: 305 mm; Y: 410 mm; Z: 42 mm
- SW959: X: 370 mm; Y: 560 mm; Z: 42 mm
- Rotational head with 440° p-axis
- Longitudinal transducer system
- Electronically controlled weld force actuator
- Precise touchdown control (force and speed)
- Ultrasonic power up to 200W
- Programmable ultrasonic power output
- Programmable process profiles
Footprint and weight
- SW955: 740 mm x 1484 mm x 1912 mm, ca. 1150 kg
- SW959: 805 mm x 1634 mm x 1912 mm, ca. 1300 kg