Smart Welder SW1185
Best of both Technologies: ultrasonic welding & wire bonding
Hesse Mechatronics Smart Welder combine the best of two technologies:
- The force and ultrasonic power of ultrasonic welding equipment
- The flexibility, precision, speed and advanced process control features of wire bonding machines.
Smart Welder provide producers of medium-sized ultrasonically welded connections with increased process control and freedom of design for the next generation of capable, efficient and cost-effective designs in power electronics, battery packs and other applications.
The new Smart Welder by Hesse include precise positioning and rotation between welding tool and product, image recognition to detect the exact weld location, and derivation of an optimal trajectory to reach the weld location quickly and very precisely.
Together with long and narrow welding tools, this allows very tight spacing and thus compact products/higher power density.
Further advanced functions include touchdown sensing, precise and dynamic contact force control, diverse process control features such as monitoring of ultrasound characteristics and deformation (cf. DVS 2811), and standardized interfaces for assembly line integration.
Smart Welder can, like ultrasonic wire bonders, flexibly handle a large variety of products. New products only require a program change and possibly adapted clamping and automation..
Your benefits in the spotlight
Advanced features and process advantages
- Better UPH: Only one welding point instead of a complete connection
- Unbeatable in positioning and clearance
- Image recognition for detection and correction of the weld location
- Active vertical axis
- Wide range of US power (for flex PCB up to leadframe applications)
- Narrow pitch and deep access due to long, narrow welding tools and pattern recognition supported positioning
- Perfect US exposure by rotating weldhead
- Touchdown sensor to avoid damage to sensitive contact partner
- Precise and dynamic force control
- Programmable welding maps with multi interval processes
- Individual parameters per spot
- Flexibility to handle a large variety of products
- Standardized interfaces for line integration
- Automotive accepted process control (PiQC, patented)
- Automated bondtool calibration without wedge gauge
- Wear-free components with Piezo technology
- Maintenance-free solid state joints
- Pre-setting of weldheads
- Working area: 370 mm x 870 mm
- Flexible use of the working area, e.g. vacuum clamping
- Maximization of throughput by automation (two/more parallel lanes)
- Process integrated Quality Control PiQC (as option):
continuous 100 % quality monitoring of all relevant process values: deformation, current, frequency, amplitude, friction; real-time calculation of individual and total quality indices; programmable weighting and limits; connection to MES)
- SW1185: X: 370 mm; Y: 870 mm; Z: 42 mm
- P-axis and rotation: 440°
(only for hybrid machines)
- From 200 W up to 1500 W
- Wide range of US power
- Digital ultrasonic generator with PLL (Phase Locked Loop),
internal frequency resolution <1 Hz
- Programmable ultrasonic power output
Footprint and weight
- SW1185: 880 mm x 1780 mm x 1912 mm, (W x D x H, excl. monitor and light tower), appr. 1800 kg